Beneficiary is to be authorized by CMO I/C to purchase medicines prescribed to him and get reimbursement when –
- Such medicine has been indented from ALC/ ALC authority slip issued and the medicine has not been supplied by ALC
- In case the authorization to purchase is given the steps to be followed are:-
- beneficiary has to purchase the prescribed medicine from any chemist shop
- produce the medicines with cash memo in the Wellness center
- fill up a prescribed form with endorsement of CMO I/C
- Submit it with the cash memo to ALC, who in turn will pay the cost of medicines incurred by the beneficiary.
The empanelled hospital will supply essential medicines for 7 days, on discharge of a CGHS beneficiary.